For the Lighthouse Keepers Calendar, click here: http://www.localendar.com/public/crisppointlighthouse.
- April 26-28, 2013: Whitefish Point Bird Observatory (WPBO) Spring Fling. If
you would like to find out more about the schedule of events you may check out
their web site at http://www.wpbo.org, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call
- May 4, 2013 6:30 PM: Crisp Point to be Relit. There will be no ceremony as originally planned due to snow and ice blocked roads to the lighthouse.
- May 24-27, 2013: CPLHS Family Camp Weekend.
This is a CPLHS members only family camping weekend. All CPLHS members are welcome to attend and set up your camp for the weekend. This is the only time each year we allow open camping to members. There will be some active projects you can help with if you desire. If you plan on attending please e-mail or call Rick Brockway to let him know. (email@example.com or 517-230-6294) . If you are not a CPLHS member, but would like to become one, please see the following link at our website: http://www.crisppointlighthouse.org/member.html.
There will be some projects to work on. This year we would like to focus on the interior of the tower. The cement steps going up to the Entrance Building of the tower will be replaced this weekend, so access to the tower will be limited or closed until the project has been completed and the cement has cured.
- July 20, 2013: Crisp Point Light Annual Summer Conference. For more information see the Conference Page at http://www.crisppointlighthouse.org/conf.html.
July 26 - August 4, 2013: Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival will be held in Grand Haven, MI. Go to www.coastguardfest.org for more information.
August 16-18, 2013: Paradise Wild Blueberry Festival will be held in Paradise, MI. Check the following web site for more information: http://www.paradisemichigan.org/bb/blueberryfest.html.
October 10-13, 2013: Great Lakes Lighthouse Festival will be held in Alpena, MI. Visit this web site for more information: http://lighthousefestival.org
- November 10, 2013: Edmund Fitzgerald Memorial Service will be held at the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point at 7 PM. This event is sponsored by The Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society and is open to the public. For more information call (906) 492-3747 or visit their web site at www.shipwreckmuseum.com.
If you know of an event that you think should be on this page, please email us at the addresses at the bottom of the page. Thanks!
Crisp Point Light Historical Society Webmasters: Cameron Lovett and Margaret Warren
Email us with comments about the web site at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Copyright © 2013 Crisp Point Light Historical Society
Last Modified May 23, 2013