For the Lighthouse Keepers Calendar, click here: http://www.localendar.com/public/crisppointlighthouse.
If you know of an event that you think should be on this page, please email us at the address at the bottom of the page. Thanks!
- Effective June 14, 2020: The CPLHS Board of Directors has decided to leave the lighthouse tower closed until further notice due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. While this was a difficult decision, the safety and well being of our volunteers, visitors, the Paradise and Newberry community residents, and its businesses, is the Board’s primary concern. The Board will be monitoring the situation for the remainder of this season and will announce on our Facebook pages and web site if anything changes. The lighthouse grounds will remain open as usual.
- October 23, 2020: Last day of full restroom and visitor center services for the season. There may be some services available in the morning of October 24, but please be prepared for no bathrooms being available. The tentative reopening date for the 2021 season will be May 16, 2021 if County Road 412 is open and if the weather permits. Please visit our Volunteer Schedule Calendar at http://www.localendar.com/public/crisppointlighthouse and our Facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/crisppointlighthouse/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/crisppointlighthouse/ for the latest info.
- November 2020: Edmund Fitzgerald Memorial Service will be held virtually due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. This event is sponsored by The Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society. For more information call (906) 492-3747 or visit their web site at www.shipwreckmuseum.com.
- April 2021: Whitefish Point Bird Observatory (WPBO) Spring Fling. If you would like to find out more about the schedule of events you may check out their web site at http://www.wpbo.org.
- May 16, 2021: Approximate date the Crisp Point Light Visitor Center will open for the season. See our Facebook pages (https://www.facebook.com/crisppointlighthouse/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/crisppointlighthouse/) for updates on this date as the date draws nearer and our Volunteer Schedule Calendar at http://www.localendar.com/public/crisppointlighthouse.
- May 28-31, 2021: Tentative CPLHS Family Camp and Work Weekend. This is a CPLHS members only family camping and work weekend. For 2021 we will have to wait and see if the COVID-19 Pandemic and related regulations will allow this event to happen. All CPLHS members would be welcome to attend and limited spaces to set up your camp for the weekend may be available on a first to reserve basis. This is the only time each year we allow open camping to members. There will be some active projects you can help us out with. If you plan on attending please e-mail Cameron Lovett at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not a CPLHS member, but would like to become one, please see the following link at our website: http://www.crisppointlighthouse.org/member.html.
- July 17, 2021: Tentative Date for Crisp Point Light Annual Summer Conference. For more information see the Conference Page at http://www.crisppointlighthouse.org/conf.html.
- July 30 to August 8, 2021: Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival will be held in Grand Haven, MI. Go to www.coastguardfest.org for more information.
- August 2021: Michigan Lighthouse Festival. For more information, go to http://www.michiganlighthousefestival.com/.
- August 2021: Paradise Wild Blueberry Festival will tentatively be held in Paradise, MI. Check the following web site for more information: http://www.wildblueberryfestival.org.
Crisp Point Light Historical Society Webmaster: Cameron Lovett
Email us with comments about the web site at email@example.com.
Copyright © 2020 Crisp Point Light Historical Society
Last Modified October 18, 2020